Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Little Wine-ing

I made a hostess gift for my great-aunt and uncle, whom I took my girls to visit Monday and Tuesday of this week. They live outside of Chicago, which is about a 6-hour drive from our house in Ohio. The girls traveled like pros - minimal fussing and meltdowns. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, and I ended up driving in torrential downpours the whole way home yesterday. It rained so hard it was leaking into our car and soaked the passenger-side floor! Crazy... and super-scary at times. But, we made it!

Anyway, my mom (who came with us) and I put together a goodie bag of mostly local foods to take as a hostess gift. In addition to the honey, home-made jam, Esther Price candy, and tea from a little British shop nearby, we gave them a bottle of wine in a holder I made from  Strawberry Fields.


Sorry for the fuzzy, iPhone shots. I finished it late at night, so this was the best I could do.

I used a fantastic tutorial from the Craftsy Blog. The directions were clear with a lot of photos. The construction is clever - though there are a lot of steps. The end result is quite sturdy and nicely shaped for many kinds of "spirit" bottles. Highly recommend this tutorial!


Hope everyone is having a lovely week! Now, I'm off to unpack our suitcase and dig into the laundry... The unfortunate part of travel, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey There! Love the wine bag. What a great gift idea. Glad you are all home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete