This is a tutorial for how to make mini bunting. It includes a downloadable template with instructions. Additional details and photos are in this post. Enjoy!
Download the Mini Bunting Template and Tutorial
1. Choose an assortment of fabric approximately 5" square. You need two pieces of fabric for each mini bunting triangle. This is a great project to use orphan charm squares and scraps!
2. Cut the mini bunting template around the dotted line. 1/4" seam allowance is included.
3. Cut enough mini bunting triangles to make the desired amount. Remember you need two triangles for each unit. I made 7 finished mini bunting triangles, so I cut 14 from the template.
4. Put right sides together and sew around using a 1/4" seam allowance. Make sure to leave the opening at the top for turning.
5. Turn mini bunting triangles right side out through the opening at the top. Poke corners out using your favorite corner gadget. Press.
6. Top stitch around the left and right sides of the mini bunting triangles. The opening at the top will be stitched closed in a later step.
7. Figure out how long you want your ribbon to be by measuring the place you are going to hang the mini bunting from one corner to the other. Add a few inches for drape and ends. You can play around with the length using pins.
8. Attach the mini bunting triangles to the ribbon securing with pins and making sure they are evenly spaced. I had my corners touch to make things simple.
9. Edge stitch along the top and bottom edges of the ribbon. I used a 1/8" guide on my presser foot. This step also closes the top opening.
10. You're done! Now you can hang the mini bunting and enjoy. I used masking tape to secure mine to a shelf. Enjoy!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. :)