Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mug Rug Inspiration

Next month, the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild will swap mug rugs. I am so excited to participate! Mug rugs are satisfying short projects and super utilitarian. What's not to love?




1. DSCF3258, 2. Mug Rug ... just because, 3. Scrappy Mug Rug ~Haiku, 4. Mug Rug Front, 5. sneak peak # 2, 6. Portland Modern Quilt Guild - Mug Rug Swap

I pulled some Flickr inspiration and am now so excited to get started. Now all I have to do is edit my ideas... should it include embroidery... how about applique... or be in a shape other than a rectangle? Choices, choices...

What's your favorite mug rug? Add a link in the comments box and share the inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. I love love love making mug rugs! Right now, I'm digging these colors, so this is a favorite: http://pinterest.com/pin/198088083579602033/
    But mostly, I just have so much fun making them - great instant gratification! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received some great mug rugs. Of course I am a big of a owl fan (ok maybe a freak) so the majority of them are owls but here they are all hung in my studio. They range in shape, technique and colors. Have fun...I do hope you will share the finished project with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course i forgot the link...http://www.flickr.com/photos/40955051@N05/6518856707/in/photostream

      Delete