Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's a Start

Last week, I blogged about a mug rug swap I'm participating in. Here is the start of my work.


I'm planning to applique them to a white background and do some hand stitching around the outline. Nothing Earth shattering. Simple. Hopefully the recipient will enjoy the finished product.

Rhonda of Quilter in the Gap reminded me it's been a while since I've shared photos of my girls. So, this one goes to Rhonda. :-)

Here is little Ellie (our nickname for Isabelle) trying out peas for the first time. She turned 6 months last week. She's sitting up well on her own and is thoroughly entertained by big-sister Olivia.


Oh, to be a baby and not worry about fat rolls. Chunky baby legs are the best!



She is a girlie-girl through and through. Already has the little girl squeal perfected... and the shoes and accessories to go with it.



And here is Olivia, who is 4-1/2, meeting Repunzel during our recent trip to Disney. Olivia was treated to the Bippity Boppity Boutique princess makeover, which I'm convinced is more for the moms than the little girls. After her spa appointment, we had lunch - just the two of us - at Cinderella's castle. We had a window seat overlooking the Magic Kingdom. Memories to keep...


But when she's not busy being a sweet little princess, this is the sassy face I get about 12 times a day. "Mooommm..."


And then we're back to precious moments when I want to freeze time...


What's a mom to do?

3 comments:

  1. Your girls are adorable! I love the hexagons too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my they are beautiful! Just for the record...the only the a mom can do with those faces is laugh about their loveliness...even the rolling eyes. My daughter is the Master of that face. Let's see....she started when she about 2 or 3 and is now 16 and they are just starting to happen less frequently. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just delicious! Those sweet girls are so stinkin' cute! And I want that mug rug!

    ReplyDelete