Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Days 4, 5, and 6

I'm moving along with the Pinterest Challenge I set out to accomplish last week. Some days, it's a little challenging to fit in a project. But the goal is keeping me motivated!

Day 4: Vanilla Candle with Coffee Beans = Vanilla Latte Scent!


This project cost only a few dollars to make. That included having to buy all the components. The jar was $1 at Jo-Ann Fabrics. The candle was on sale for around $.75. And the coffee beans were from a $5.99 bag that I only partially ground at Trader Joe's (did get some strange looks when I did that!).



DAY 5: Yarn-Wrapped Letter



Again, this project is very cost effective! I had the yarn on hand (Cascade 220 Worsted in a heather grey). The letter came from Jo-Ann Fabrics and cost around $3.50 on sale.

As you can see, this is still in progress. I'll show the final result when it's finished.

DAY 6: Potato Soup



Last night, I needed an easy dinner recipe. This one proved to be just that! I modified by doubling the recipe, adding more veggies (peas and carrots), and added a little milk in addition to the evaporated milk to make it more soup-like. Served with corn bread. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment