Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bright Sunshiny Day

We are enjoying a bright, sunshiny day here in southwest Ohio. The girls and I spent the morning at Cox Arboretum, a gorgeous garden park. I am feeling like a lucky girl today that I get to spend days like this one with Olivia and Isabelle.



Things are also garden-y in my studio. I finished the pillow top I started a few weeks ago following this tutorial.


I ended up using the tutorial's recommendation to applique with a darning foot. The wiggly lines give the overall look an organic feel, which is quite appropriate for the subject matter.


I quilted in a vine-like loopy pattern very close together to create a dense effect. Last night I sewed on the binding and began hand stitching it to the back, which I made with an envelope closure. This pillow will add a lot of cheer to our couch during the spring and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment